Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Proposal

I would like to do my blog on the Baltimore Orioles. It is interesting to find out where they came from, their golden years, and how they affected the city. Baltimore is a sports city. It is dominated by baseball and football. Baltimoreans live and die by their sports, yet they do not get respected as a great sports city. In the course of my research I will find information on Orioles, their origins and roots. Why they came to Baltimore? What was the reason for bringing a major league team from St. Louis, to a small market like Baltimore? People in this city love the “O’s”. It is strange for me to feel the same for the Orioles, because I am not from Baltimore originally, and we do not play baseball where I come from. It is somewhat of a challenge for me to research this team and their history. I do not like, or follow baseball, I am a huge soccer, hockey and football fan. To be honest, I would much rather do another sport. There is a reason why I picked the Orioles. I believe that by doing my research on the team I could learn how to understand and appreciate baseball in this city. If I succeed, I will truly be a Baltimorean.

I initially wanted to do my research on Fritz Maisel. In Baltimore he was known as”Catonsville Flash”. I have decided not to my research on him. The reason why I do not want to research him, is because, while he was great man he did not affect this city substantially enough to be a part of my research. The Orioles had a huge affect on this city and they put it on the map as a sports city, even before the Colts. The Orioles, in my opinion, is the greatest sports franchise this city has ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment